The Visitation Fund
The Visitation Fund, the school’s annual fund, provides vital operational support across all areas of school life. As one of the many support tools that helps Georgetown Visitation provide its students with a top-notch education and experience, the Visitation Fund is critical to our success. Without our community’s support of the annual fund, the school could not provide our students with the all educational and co-curricular opportunities that help them thrive.
Did you know?
- Students’ tuition does not fully cover the cost of their education.
- Your gifts help close this gap and help us continue shaping lives and building bright futures.
- All members of the community are urged to contribute annually.
- The monies raised directly impact every student’s education and form a vital part of the school’s operating budget.
Please join other parents, alumnae, past parents, faculty, friends, and grandparents who send the message that they are committed to Visitation! Your contribution to The Visitation Fund ensures that our shared values and way of life endure.
Every Gift Helps the School in Many Ways
Generous donations help Visitation:
- offer a broad, innovative, and enriching education both in and outside the classroom,
- supplement salaries in order to attract and retain outstanding teachers,
- help provide over $2 million in financial aid to qualified, deserving applicants each year,
- minimize tuition increases,
- care for and sustain our beautiful, historic 23-acre campus,
- support the Sisters, so that they can continue to share in the spiritual gifts they provide.
All members of the community are urged to contribute to the Visitation Fund annually. The monies raised directly impact every student's education and form a vital part of the school's operating budget.
For more information, please contact the Development Office at 202.787.5676.
|Cor Jesu Society||$1,000,000 and above|
|Founders Guild||$100,000 and above|
|Green Gate Patrons||$25,000 to $99,999|
|Jane de Chantal Associates||$10,000 to $24,999|
|St. Francis de Sales Benefactors||$5,000 to $9,999|
|Leonard Neale Society||$2,500 to $4,999|
|Teresa Lalor Society||$1,500 to $2,499|
|Maria Sharpe Society||$500 to $1,499|
|Friends of Visitation||$100 to $499|
|Gold-White Partners||Gifts to $99|
Generous donors who make a gift of $1,500 or more in a fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) automatically become members of the President's Council and will receive special recognition in the Annual Report and an invitation to the annual President's Council Events and Vespers with the Sisters.
- What is the Visitation Fund?
- What does the Visitation Fund support?
- Does the school really need my gift in addition to tuition?
- How much should I give?
- I am asked to support many charitable organizations; why is the Visitation Fund most important?
- How many alumnae give to the school?
- How is the Visitation Fund different from the Capital Campaign, A Cherished Past, A Vibrant Future?
- Do you accept matching gifts? What is a matching gift?
- How can I make a gift?
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
The Visitation Fund is the school’s annual giving program. It augments the school’s operating budget, and the school could not operate without it because of the vital support it provides across all areas of school life. Your contribution to the Visitation Fund ensures that our shared values and way of life endures.
The Visitation Fund gifts have a direct impact on students by providing Visitation the flexibility to finance educational priorities. This broad-based support from all members of our community (parents, alumnae, past parents, friends, and grandparents) helps provide a broad, innovative, and enriching education both in and outside the classroom. Generous donations also help Visitation supplement salaries in order for us to attract and retain outstanding teachers, provide over $2 million in financial aid to qualified applicants each year, and help minimize tuition increases.
Gifts of all sizes are important to the success of the Visitation Fund. We ask everyone to support the Fund in a way that is meaningful to them. We hope that you will join our tradition of giving at whatever level is best for you. Every gift, no matter the amount, makes a difference.
If you and your family have the capacity to make a significant gift to the school, we hope you will consider supporting us at a leadership level of $1,500 or more.
Visitation is a top school for educating young women thanks to the support of our wonderful donors. The Visitation Fund strives to provide the school with the budget it needs to continue its tradition of excellence, and every parent, alumna, past parent, and grandparent can help us achieve that goal. In addition to our outstanding faculty, staff, and administration, our donors make Visitation a better school for every girl who passes through the Green Gate.
While the Visitation Fund and the Capital Campaign both need your support, they fund distinct but equally important priorities that enable Visitation to fulfill its mission. When considering a gift to the Campaign, we respectfully ask that you maintain your gift to the Visitation Fund first because it is integral to our current operations. The Capital Campaign is a multi-year effort to support endowment, and programmatic and facility improvements that will prepare us for the future.
Many companies have matching gift programs for their employees. Some even match the gifts of spouses and retirees as well. Please contact your company representative to see if Visitation qualifies for a matching gift. If your employer has a matching gift program, please obtain a matching gift form from them and send it to Visitation (1524 Thirty-fifth Street NW, Washington, DC 20007), along with your own contribution. The Advancement Office will complete the form and return it to your employer. For questions, please contact our Database Manager Erin Granfield '95 at 202.787.5681 or email@example.com
We are grateful to all our current and past donors for their loyal support. We hope that you will continue to make the Visitation Fund your philanthropic priority each year!