Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs. We guide our students as they integrate the search for truth with the pursuit of knowledge and dedicate their God-given gifts to making the world a better place.
Visitation is currently searching for a part-time computer science teacher for the 2023-2024 academic year.
As educators in the Visitation tradition, our teachers form lives as well as impart knowledge. As a school, we seek to create challenging and joyful classrooms that cultivate a lifelong love of learning. We’re seeking a candidate who can nurture young women's sense of wonder; awaken students' appreciation for technology within the context of the human experience; and build their confidence in their abilities. To learn more about what it means to be a Visitation educator, we encourage you to read Educating the Heart and Mind, a brief pamphlet that outlines the six goals of a Visitation education.
Successful candidates should have a strong academic background in computer science as well as previous teaching experience in the subject at the secondary level, along with energy, enthusiasm, and a desire to communicate and work with young women. Candidates should also demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates must also be willing to work closely with departmental colleagues in a collaborative setting and to attend school-wide events and regular departmental and faculty meetings.
● Actively supports the mission and charism of the School; demonstrates an understanding of and enthusiasm for secondary education, for girls’ education, and for Catholic education
● Enthusiastically supports those values by nurturing, sustaining, and modeling them to the students
● Demonstrates a life-long love of learning and maintains the highest academic standards while meeting the individual needs of each student in the classroom and beyond
● Implements the curriculum developed by department
● Thoroughly prepares and presents course material and uses strategies to create the optimum learning environment
● Conveys a passion for learning where “attitudes are not taught, but caught” by their students (with thanks to professor of child psychology Margaret McFarland)
● Performs other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in secondary education, Master’s preferred
● Two years of teaching experience, preferably in secondary schools; experience in private, independent school or non-profit setting preferred
● Good organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills, proficient in Excel, Word, Google mail, other software as required
● Some evening and weekend work may be required
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
To apply, please click this link and fully complete the application, upload a resume, and upload a cover letter.