Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs.
The school seeks a Maintenance Technician who is warm and welcoming while providing maintenance and repair services for all of the campus buildings.
· Performs general maintenance and repairs, including carpentry, locksmithing, and painting
· Maintains a prudent stock of parts, materials, and tools as required
· Keeps all assigned spaces in a clean, orderly, and safe condition in compliance with school standards
· Maintains and retains custody of all issued tools and equipment
· Brings to the attention of the Director of Facilities all matters affecting operations and maintenance of property
· Directs parking for special events
· Assists in snow removal
· Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Experience & Skills:
· Three years’ experience with building maintenance, carpentry is preferred; experience in school or non-profit setting preferred
· Hands-on experience with small equipment preferred
· Good organizational skills, good oral communication skills
· Some early morning, evening, and weekend work is required; overtime work may be required
· Ability to move around campus and into several non-ADA compliant buildings
· Ability to safely lift and move loads up to 25 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, climb, and reach; ability to work on a ladder, at significant heights, and on knees for extended periods of time
· Ability to talk; finger; grasp; and repetitive motion
· Working conditions: this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions other than normal weather fluctuations
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Here is the link for external applicants: