Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs.
Visitation seeks an experienced varsity softball coach to join our community for the 2024 spring season. The head coach directs and coordinates all aspects of the varsity softball program and is responsible for overseeing daily practices and games during the spring season. Members of the school’s coaching staff serve under the director of athletics as a contractor; coaches are not employees of the school.
Visitation has one of the strongest athletic programs in the area, having won the Lewis Cup for overall athletic excellence 14 times - more than any other school in the Independent School League. While our student-athletes earn recognition as All-League and Washington Post All-Met athletes and even national honors, with many continuing their careers at the collegiate level, we take greater pride in the values our players bring to and learn on the field. Participation in the athletic program at Visitation reinforces values essential to our students’ growth – hard work, skill development, good sportsmanship, selfless teamwork, and the achievement of personal and team goals. Athletic participation is always secondary to the student’s academic responsibilities. The athletic program at Visitation serves to foster school spirit, pride in our teams’ accomplishments, and the promotion of healthy and respectful competition with the schools with whom we compete. Coaches help our athletes develop into self-confident, mature, independent, and well-balanced young women who can both win and lose graciously.
- Uphold the philosophy and policies of the school’s athletic program
- Coach and mentor student-athletes in accordance with the mission of the school
- Demonstrate an understanding of and enthusiasm for women’s sports, high school athletics, and Catholic values
- Select students for participation in team
- Plan and implement practice plans and schedule
- Work collaboratively with other members of the coaching staff and the wider athletic program
- Coach games
- Coordinate travel as needed
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Coordinate with communications team regarding media coverage as necessary
- Work with families of current and prospective student-athletes Serve as supervising staffer for students during all team activities, both on and off-campus, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Successful experience coaching youth, high school, club or college-level softball athletes
- Strong organizational and oral communication skills
- Ability to listen, reflect, and connect with students
- Ability to talk; ability to stand for extended periods of time
- This position will require travel to off-campus sites for practices and competition.
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening and child protection training.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.