Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs.
The ideal candidate is a strong supporter of a Catholic, all girls-education and embraces the Salesian mission of “Live Jesus.” The individual is both a representative of our school and a role model for our students.
The school seeks an General Ledger Accountant who is warm and welcoming; has exceptional attention to detail; can work well independently and as part of a team; and will maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for general ledger system management including preparing monthly account reconciliations and ensuring the accuracy of major input from Development database (Raiser’s Edge), student database (Veracross), tuition payment system (FACTS); and student payment system applications; validates the assimilation of data into General
Ledger (Intacct) and reviews for accuracy and completeness.
- Actively supports the mission and charism of the School; demonstrates an understanding of and enthusiasm for secondary education, for girls’ education, and for Catholic education
- Monthly Close
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including accounts receivable, loans, fixed assets, and payroll taxes each month
- Imports information including pledge and cash donations from Raiser’s Edge into Intacct
- Maintains and distributes monthly financial statements to faculty and staff
- System Related
- Creates registration and payment pages in Veracross for school events and acts as main point of contact for faculty and parents in managing the pages
- Reviews and uploads student billing information from Veracross to Intacct
- Manages mobile applications and integration to Intacct for student payment system and credit card use
- Daily Activities
- Reviews school bank accounts and posts necessary journal entries, including bank fees, deposits from online portals and bookstore sales
- Reviews Veracross and Authorize.net and posts journal entries for incoming payments
- Other Responsibilities
- Assists with preparation for external audit
- Assists with annual budget preparation
- Prepares data for monthly variance report
- Back up for accounts payable, cash receipts as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field required
- Two or more years hands-on experience in general accounting
- Must have excellent technical skills; advanced proficiency in Excel required
- Knowledge of accounting software, payroll systems software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy a must
- Ability to keep confidential information secure
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a
hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.