Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs.
The school seeks a Gate Attendant who is warm and welcoming while controlling access to the Visitation campus through monitoring vehicle and pedestrian traffic entering the main gate.
The ideal candidate is a strong supporter of a Catholic, all girls-education and embraces the Salesian mission of “Live Jesus.” The individual is both a representative of our school and a role model for our students.
- Actively supports the mission and charism of the School
- Stops and logs-in cars coming onto campus; issues badges to visitors and directs visitors to appropriate parking
- Checks the visitor sign-in sheet and the events schedule to be familiar with visitors who are on campus or expected on campus
- Maintains a sign-in sheet for students who enter and leave campus after the school day begins and/or before the school day ends
- Is alert for problems and suspicious or unusual circumstances; reports such circumstances to appropriate supervisors
- Required to conduct two patrol rounds of the property during the night
- Maintains the key box and the key sign-out sheet; ensures that all keys are accounted for
- Checks the gate house and surrounding area at the beginning of the shift to ensure normal operations; maintains cleanliness in the gate house and surrounding areas; removes snow around the gate house according to the snow removal plan.
- Position is considered essential personnel and must be at school during all holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of security experience is preferred; experience in school or non-profit setting preferred
- Good organizational skills, good oral communication skills
- Some early morning, evening, and weekend work is required; overtime work may be required
- As a condition of employment, all employees who are employed with the school are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To apply for a medical exemption, please contact the human resources department.
- Ability to move around campus and into several non-ADA compliant buildings
- Ability to safely lift and move loads up to 25 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, climb, and reach
- Ability to talk; finger; grasp; sit for extended periods of time; and repetitive motion
- Sedentary work: possibly exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry or otherwise move objects
- Working conditions: this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions except normal weather fluctuations
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring
criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.