Georgetown Visitation, founded in 1799, is an all-girls high school rooted in the Roman Catholic faith and Salesian tradition, committed to educating young women from diverse backgrounds. We are a faith-centered community dedicated to educational excellence, enriched by co-curricular and service programs.
The ideal candidate is a strong supporter of a Catholic, all girls-education and embraces the Salesian mission of “Live Jesus.” The individual is both a representative of our school and a role model for our students.
The school seeks an Advancement Events Coordinator who is warm and welcoming; has exceptional organizational and oral and written communication skills; is creative and flexible; can work well independently and as part of a team; and will maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Actively supports the mission and charism of the School; demonstrates an understanding of and enthusiasm for secondary education, for girls’ education, and for Catholic education
- Lead events person for the Advancement office and works with parent volunteer chairs to support the school’s two major fundraising events: Esprit de Noel Christmas Market and the Green Gate Gala
- Ensures that all events are delivered on time, within budget, and at the desired level of quality
- Negotiates vendor contracts for Esprit, Gala, Reunion and other events
- Negotiates table fees, space requirements, etc. for Esprit
- Recruits parent volunteers, manages deadlines, timeline, and event logistics for Esprit and the Gala to ensure positive results for the school
- Provides logistical support for Advancement and Alumnae programs and events including digital invitations, mail merges, name tags, and event follow-up
- Utilizes best practices regarding cash collections and credit card receipts during Esprit and reconciles with the Business Office.
- Manages auction software platform to tract ticket sales, registrations, mobile bidding, and checkout for Gala and other Development Office events
- Processes Advancement Office invoices and expense reports in coordination with the Business Office
- Creates digital promotional materials using Photoshop/InDesign and Canva for Advancement office events and programs
- Partners with the Communications Department in maintaining the Alumnae Facebook page, LinkedIn groups, the Alumnae mobile networking app; and, in coordinating regular Esprit/Gala online communications
- Works closely with the Communications Office to create content and coordinate website changes in a timely manner for Esprit and Gala
- Carries out special projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of two to five years in an educational, non-profit environment or a related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong understanding of digital communications using both school-based website tools and social networks; experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, and event fundraising software a plus
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to interact with parents, alumnae, faculty, staff, volunteers, and colleagues with a sense of professionalism
- Availability and willingness to work occasionally outside the normal schedule, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends to accommodate volunteer meetings and events
As a condition of employment, all employees who are employed with the school are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To apply for a medical exemption, please contact the human resources department.
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Here is the link to apply INTERNALLY:
Here is the link to apply EXTERNALLY: