10 Tips for Beating Stress
by Heidi Greenhalgh, School Nurse
- Practice good sleep hygiene - Sleep helps your brain to retain what you've learned during class and study time.
- Eat clean - Processed, "convenience" food is bad for your overall physical and mental health.
- Eat breakfast - Jump start your brain function and metabolism before you head to school.
- Drink water - You'll see benefits inside and out!
- Exercise - Exercise promotes the release of endorphins (happy hormones), releases adrenaline (mood-lifting hormone), and produces hormones that improve sleep.
- Practice self-care - Take breaks from studying to do something you enjoy.
- Breathe - Practice 4,7,8 breathing.
- Practice gratitude - Step away from stress and embrace a positive memory.
- Practice being in the present moment - Don't overwhelm yourself by looking too far into the past or future.
- Remember that tests do not define who you are.