Getting to Visitation
The beautiful, historic Visitation campus is located in the heart of Georgetown at 1524 35th Street, NW (the intersection of 35th Street and Volta Place).
Kids Ride Free
The Kids Ride Free (KRF) program allows students to ride for free on Metrobus, Metrorail, and the DC Circulator while travelling within the District.
To be eligible for participation in the KRF program, each student must be:
- A resident of the District of Columbia, and
- Age 5 through 21, and
- Enrolled in an elementary or secondary public, charter, private or parochial school located within the District, or youth in the care of the District.
School Year 2021 - 2022
The Kids Ride Free (KRF) program continues to grow! In School Year 2021-2022, DC students can request a new SmarTrip Card for traveling on public transit systems within the District. A supply of the new cards will be sent directly to all DC public and charter schools for distribution to eligible students. Students can collect their new School Year 2021-2022 KRF SmarTrip cards from their school ID administrators like they did during the last school year.
School Year 2021-2022 Kids Ride Free SmarTrip cards will remain valid through September 30, 2022.
For more information, please review the Kids Ride Free Frequently Asked Questions. If you have additional questions about the KRF program, please contact your school’s administrator or the District Department of Transportation’s School Transit ID Subsidy Program Office at (202) 673-1740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitation offers on-campus parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
By Public Transportation
Georgetown Visitation is accessible by public transit using Metrobus and Metrorail. Visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website to plan your trip using Metrobus or Metrorail or plan your trip using Google Maps Transit Directions.
Several public buses service Georgetown Visitation:
- The G2 bus stops by the Georgetown Visitation Convent at the corner of 35th & P Streets, NW and connects to the Dupont Circle Metro station (Red Line). Click here for the schedule and route map for the G2 bus.
- The D6 bus stops across from our soccer fields at 35th & Q Streets, NW. The D6 also connects to the Dupont Circle and Farragut North Metro stations (Red Line) as well as Farragut West (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines). Click here for the schedule and route map for the D6 bus.
- The D2 bus also stops across from our soccer fields at 35th & Q Streets, NW and connects with the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line). Click here for the schedule and route map for the D2 bus.
- The 30s series buses (30N, 30S, 31, 33) stop along Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown at Q Street, NW and connect with Friendship Heights and Tenleytown-AU Metro stations (Red Line), as well as Foggy Bottom and Farragut West Metro stations (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines). Click here for the schedule and route map for the 30N and 30S buses. Click here for the schedule and route map for the 31 and 33 buses.
- Two Circulator bus routes stop near Visitation: the Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn route stops at 34th & M, while the Union Station-Georgetown route stops just a couple of blocks from Visi on Wisconsin Avenue. For more information, visit DC Circulator.