The Visitation alumnae community is just a few taps away on your smartphone or tablet with our alumnae networking app! The app—accessible by Visitation alumnae only—allows you to search for and connect with fellow graduates from anywhere. It has proven highly successful in other school communities, helping graduates reconnect with classmates, job search, network, and even ease the transition to a new city. The alumnae community app is powered by EverTrue.
- Alumnae directory searchable by name, class year, location, college, industry, or company
- Map of nearby alumnae
- Integration with LinkedIn
- Alumnae events calendar
- Facebook and Twitter feeds
- School news and Visitation alumnae page links
Supported Operating Systems/Devices:
Logging Into the App:
Visitation alumnae can either log into the app using their email address or their LinkedIn credentials. The latter option allows graduates to see and share additional profile information. To log in using email, you must use the preferred email address on file with the Alumnae Office. If you are unsure if your email address is up to date with the school, please contact us.
Contact Director of Alumnae Relations Suzie Koones Egan '79 at email@example.com.
- Who can access and use the Georgetown Visitation mobile Alumni Community app?
- How do I get EverTrue on my mobile device?
- How do I log in once I’ve downloaded EverTrue and selected the "Georgetown Visitation" community?
- What does it mean when it says my information is under review?
- Can I edit or hide my personal information displayed in the app?
- How do I change or update my contact information through the app?
- How do I search for people using the directory?
- How do I search for people nearby?
- Can I email or call an alum directly from the app?
- How do I connect using my LinkedIn account?
Yes, click “Update My Profile” at the bottom of your record to request the specific information that you would like to hide. You may request that your phone number be hidden, while other information remains visible. Please note that regardless of your privacy settings, your name and class year will display in the app.
Click “Update My Profile” at the bottom of your record and make your requested changes, which will be forwarded to our office. To protect the integrity of the alumnae database, you cannot directly change contact information in the mobile app in real time. Once the updated information is received, the Alumnae Office will update your profile. To suggest an update for a fellow Visitation classmate, friend, or family member, click the “Suggest an Update” button at the bottom of their profile.
Click the “Nearby Alumnae” tab in the sidebar navigation. A map will appear with pushpins indicating people in your area. Clicking on one of the pins will show the alum's name and class year, and clicking the "i" graphic next to her name will open that alum’s directory listing.
To search for a specific alum in the map function, click the magnifying glass icon at the top of the map to search by name, college, class year, or other listed criteria -- or you search for alumnae in a specific location by typing a city or country into the search box at the top of the map.
To take advantage of the app's integration with LinkedIn, when you log into the app for the first time, you can do so using your LinkedIn account. Or, if you log into the app using your email, you can link your profile to your LinkedIn account at any time by clicking on the settings (cog) icon and following the prompts. This LinkedIn integration allows you to share and see additional professional information through the app. To make the most of your alumnae network, don’t forget to list "Georgetown Visitation" in the education field in your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to join the “Georgetown Visitation-Official” LinkedIn group!